ChangeCounter and Signature After signing a ...

ChangeCounter and Signature

After signing a report and saving it, the signature field should not be editable. I tried using a ChangeCounter column. But the problem is that it counts as soon as you lift your finger from the screen. Wouldn’t it be better if it counts when we lock the signature? So we could say:

Editable_If =[ChangeCounter] < 1

In a Detail View with the signature as quick edit, it counts not until we hit “DONE”. Could this be done also in a Form?

At the moment my workaround is: By saving the form, an Action is fired that sets the value of the column [ChangeCounterAction] to “1”. For the signature I say Editable_If =[ChangeCounterAction] < 1

That workaround is working fine in a form, but not in a detail view where the signature field is quick edit. For that I created a workflow that triggers the Action above. But the problem is: AppSheet does not recognice immediately the change in the column [ChangeCounterAction]. It has to sync one time to recognice it.

Maybe there is a simpler way to do this?

0 6 811
6 REPLIES 6

Set the “editable if” property of the column to a formula like =ISBLANK([_THIS])

@Anthony_Nel Thank you but that’s not working. Did you try it? As soon as you lift your finger it will get locked. Like mentioned in this post: plus.google.com - For the signature column type… there is the option to Lock the signature… For the signature column type… there is the option to Lock the signature… plus.google.com

AFAIK the locking feature is to allow easier editing on a mobile device, so that you can sign and then scroll when it’s locked - for this reason I use a drawing field instead

Or perhaps show the user a read-only slice after the editing is done …

You can use NOT(IN([KeyColumn],TableName[KeyColumn]))

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you for that hint. This works perfect.

I had to change it to =NOT(IN([_THIS] , TableName[Signature] - LIST(""))) Because sometimes we have to sign an existing report. That’s why I cannot use the KeyColumn to check.

The -LIST("") parameter is because there are some reports that are not signed. So the signature fields are empty.

Your solution works perfect in a form. But not in a detail view with signature quick edit. It also takes some seconds until it gets locked. Do you have any idea?

Top Labels in this Space