Changecounter for image uploads

I am trying to add a change counter for how many uploads are made. I have a column ‘Upload’ that is type image. I have another column ‘change’ of type changecounter. I want the counter to increment by 1 whenever an image is uploaded. I do not want the counter to change when an image is cleared. Is there such a value as NOT “null” so that my counter only counts upload?

0 3 130
3 REPLIES 3

I’m pretty sure there should be a more beautiful solution.
But, in theory, instead of deleting rows you can set them as “deleted” and filter not deleted rows using a slice.

1. Add a new column called “DELETED” and use TRUE/FALSE
  2. Create an action called “Delete”
  3. Set column

Then, the COUNT() function can be used to count absolutely all uploads

Hmmm. The data for my uploaded images is actually saved to a different table. I am simply using the main table as the vehicle to do the uploading. Images that are cleared don’t actually get deleted from the images table.
3X_1_1_11e7939e4ed269da70b696878a4c3443e2a05f89.png
If I clear the image, it gets removed from the main table, but it is not removed nor marked on my actual images table. I did this intentionally since the actual image is still stored in Google Drive. (As far as I know, clearing images does not delete the picture from Google Drive.)

Lets imagine we have two tables:

1. Parent table with the form
  2. Child table with images

Then:

1. Create a column in the parent table “Change Counter” with type “Number”

2. Create an action for the parent table called “Count images: +1”

Select our new column “Change Counter”
    Formula: [Change Counter] +1

3. Create an action for the child table called “Count images: trigger parent”

3X_5_d_5de9e0583c88a1acab8608958906c981c88e0659.png
    In the referenced table field choose the Parent table

Referenced rows formula: ANY(SELECT(Parent table[ref id column],[_THISROW].[ref id column] = [ref id column]))

Create a workflow for your child table with images

In “Do this”

Choose the “Count images: trigger parent” action.

I didn’t check it, but in theory it should work just like requested 😃

Top Labels in this Space