Changing the default Yes/No display values cancels the quick edit in detail view.

Hi, sorry for my English.

In a table view, in an N/Y column, I would like to remove the default Yes/No display value and just show an icon.

But if I enter " " (or any other character) this interferes in the details view: the quick edit disappears, and the buttons appear.

thak's

Solved Solved
0 7 216
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I agree but currently I think that is the best alternative you have.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

In the post heading and one place you have written detail view

@PIZZAPPSHEET wrote:

But if I enter " " (or any other character) this interferes in the details view: the quick edit disappears, and the buttons appear.

Here you have written table view

@PIZZAPPSHEET wrote:

In a table view, in an N/Y column, I would like to remove the default Yes/No display value and just show an icon.

Could you clarify where you are using the quick edit -table or detail view?

Also if you could share screenshot of what display you would like remove, it will help.

Screenshot_20230618-115737_AppSheet.jpg

โ€ƒ

Screenshot_20230618-115749_AppSheet.jpg

Qโ€ƒ

Screenshot_20230618-120104_AppSheet.jpg

โ€ƒ

Screenshot_20230618-120055_AppSheet.jpg

Thank you. The quick edit panel in table view show like below once you enable quick edit.

Could you elaborate what are you looking for?

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1687085176273.png

And in detail view what different display you are looking for?

thanks for answer. Im very slow to write english.

I have a simple table with yes and no columns (img 1).

Here I want to show only the green chek icon for yes value and I dont want to show "Y" or "N".

Each row of the table open to a detail view. In detail view there are quick edit buttons (img2)

When I change the default display value Y/N to " " I get what I want in the table (img3) but I lose the quick edit button in detail. (img4)

(I fixed it by setting a format rule (white text color, but that's a workaround)

@PIZZAPPSHEET wrote:

(I fixed it by setting a format rule (white text color, but that's a workaround)

Yes, got it. Thank you.  I think , you will need some kind of workaround to do the needful. I also tried with a few options and some or the other workaround is required. So your current workaround seems to be okay.

thank you very much, very kind.
however it's not normal and it's a problem to fix: it affects the column width.

goodbye

I agree but currently I think that is the best alternative you have.

Top Labels in this Space