Charting data from two columns in a filtered slice

I am wanting to display totals from two columns in a pie chart which displays on a Dashboard. Both are number columns and bascially I want to express this data in a visual way as it’s related in real life (the number of leaks/the number of pipe joins). The data needs to come from a slice, which is filtered by different fields. I can get a nice dynamic pie (or other chart) when I’m pulling data from a single column but I can’t figure out how to compare and chart the data from two columns in a nice dynamic filtered manner on the dashboard.
I have tried getting a sum of the data into another table with one row for leaks and one for joins, which works but doesn’t filter as it’s then not based on the slice that the dynamic filter is based on.
Thanks for any advice.

0 1 326
1 REPLY 1

I think I figured it out.

1. Make a slice with a calculation using AND() to return records with “joins” and the right filter entries, then base a chart off that slice showing the joins and leaks.
  2. Make virtual columns in the parent table for the SUM_joins and SUM_leaks to be from the slice and that seems to work.
Top Labels in this Space