Charting data from two columns in a filtered slice

I am wanting to display totals from two columns in a pie chart which displays on a Dashboard. Both are number columns and bascially I want to express this data in a visual way as itโ€™s related in real life (the number of leaks/the number of pipe joins). The data needs to come from a slice, which is filtered by different fields. I can get a nice dynamic pie (or other chart) when Iโ€™m pulling data from a single column but I canโ€™t figure out how to compare and chart the data from two columns in a nice dynamic filtered manner on the dashboard.
I have tried getting a sum of the data into another table with one row for leaks and one for joins, which works but doesnโ€™t filter as itโ€™s then not based on the slice that the dynamic filter is based on.
Thanks for any advice.

0 1 324
1 REPLY 1

I think I figured it out.

1. Make a slice with a calculation using AND() to return records with โ€œjoinsโ€ and the right filter entries, then base a chart off that slice showing the joins and leaks.
  2. Make virtual columns in the parent table for the SUM_joins and SUM_leaks to be from the slice and that seems to work.
Top Labels in this Space