Check Box at Top of View

Somehow I managed to get a checkbox at the top of my view beside the search icon. Can someone tell me where this is configured? I’m not sure how it got there or how to remove it. I accessed my app from a different laptop and noticed it. Thanks.

1 6 1,569
  • UX
6 REPLIES 6

That checkbox lets you selec multiple rows and show the ACTION tjat is common in all records like DELETE, or a custom ACTION.

Thank you Fernando! I’m just learning AppSheet (although I’ve learned a lot in the last few days), so bear with me. Where do you set the action? Can I remove it and where would I do that?

It cannot be removed; it’s inherent on aggregate (deck, gallery, and table) views.

It can be removed. Go to the behaviour> select deleted> click do not display.

Can I assign actions to it The problem is that while I can click the checkboxes, I can’t do anything with the records selected (unless I’m missing something). If I click the 3 dots in the upper right (2nd image below), I can select the timer functionality, but that doesn’t make sense for multiple records (a tech can’t start several installations at the same time).

The actions listed in the drop-down are taken from the actions defined for the table (in Behavior > Actions). Only those actions that are valid for all selected items are presented. Each action’s Only if this condition is true expression is also applied to decide whether the action is displayed here.

Top Labels in this Space