Checkbox for consent statements

Any idea how can I get close to the ones Iโ€™m trying to achieve in this consent form?

Iโ€™ve tried a lot of stuff with Enum and EnumList already but I canโ€™t find a satisfactory UX that will at least get near to a small checkbox that can be ticked beside the โ€œAgreeโ€ statement

Solved Solved
0 10 755
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, SO I FOUND A SOLUTION TO THIS!

By using UX>Format Rules, we can assign an icon to the ENUM column:

Then, I just created a Virtual column for the same ENUM column but this time for the checked box.

ENUM_column is always shown when blank. (Consent not yet checked)
Then VC_ENUM is always hidden when ENUM_column is blank.

When the user clicks ENUM_column, ENUM_column gets hidden (thru the Show If formula), then the VC_ENUM will then be the one shown.

In this way, it doesnโ€™t matter which device is being used. Since the icon came native from Appsheet.

But man, hopefully, there is a more straightforward way of having a nice checkbox in Form view in the future.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Erwin_John_Aragon

As far as I know, you canโ€™t have a checkbox like the one you are describing, however you can get close to it.

Here is my suggestion:
Add a Yes/No column
On the Detail view, add the QuickEdit option with this column
3X_2_4_2492badfdd248943226613f7b675594fa567821f.png
You will have a toggle on/off, which is the closest, in my opinion, to a checkbox.
3X_3_5_35ff722d6bbd7121220240b1898d13c9eb7a608b.png
3X_8_d_8d2b4826b44cc17b0e529edffe09c246aa366bf8.png

Hi Aurelien,

Thanks for looking into this. However, my use-case requires me to stay within Form view.

Iโ€™m out of idea then
I wonder if itโ€™s even feasible.
I think the simplest is to stick to the basic Yes/No type, and tricking with some emojis for displaying values

3X_2_7_2759364b73de8b3aa7bc89d28011db6b62874f42.png

Yeah, tried that too. Didnโ€™t pass our UX because emojis vary per device type

Thanks for the effort in helping!

What you want cannot be done with a form view.

OK, SO I FOUND A SOLUTION TO THIS!

By using UX>Format Rules, we can assign an icon to the ENUM column:

Then, I just created a Virtual column for the same ENUM column but this time for the checked box.

ENUM_column is always shown when blank. (Consent not yet checked)
Then VC_ENUM is always hidden when ENUM_column is blank.

When the user clicks ENUM_column, ENUM_column gets hidden (thru the Show If formula), then the VC_ENUM will then be the one shown.

In this way, it doesnโ€™t matter which device is being used. Since the icon came native from Appsheet.

But man, hopefully, there is a more straightforward way of having a nice checkbox in Form view in the future.

Nice job ! Thanks for keeping us updated !
Just to make it clear to me: from what I understand, you can click โ€œonโ€, but not click โ€œoffโ€, unless you abandon and start the form again, right ?

That is correct. Our form does not allow submissions without consent so there wonโ€™t be a scenario where a click-off will be accepted. They may just opt to cancel the submission instead.

Please explain to me again.

Hi Fon,

Sure, what specific point do you want me to be more detailed on this?

Top Labels in this Space