Choose working sheet from dropdown

I would like to be able to choose from a dropdown the list of questions for my inspection app from the corresponding sheet associated with that particular state and also post the answers to the same sheet. This seems like it should be fairly easy, but I can't seem to find the answer.

So I would choose Oregon from my dropdown in the app and it would pull the questions and subsequently post my answers to the "Oregon" sheet. Same for Michigan, etc...

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 10.07.31โ€ฏAM.png

0 3 55
3 REPLIES 3

So.. you have your questions in one "Questions" table. Lets assume you have an ID column and then bunch of question columns like Q1, Q2, Q3 etc.. If the dropdown column is a Enum/Base type of Ref, you can read the serie with the "Suggested values" like Questions[ID]. Though you can filter your question series with the SELECT() if needed.

If you don't need to save the question itself, you can show the question with the "Display value" like [QuestionSerie].[Q1]. If you need to save the question as well, you could use a text field with the initial value (set as not editable). The answer would be then in a separate column. To have it more cleaner, you could do them both and hide the question column itself.

Thank you for the response, admittedly it might take me some more researching to understand it all...I'm fairly new to this. My simple inspection app I built has been working well for five years though. Maybe the better question would have been about how to construct the database in a way that some questions will be the same for many states while some questions will be state specific. Should all questions be created in just one sheet and tagged in a way that identifies which state or states apply or should each state have it's own data in separate tabs? If there is a good video or reference out there to learn this from I'd appreciate any help in getting me there.

Send me a personal message. I probably have a sample app that's doing this. To keep it simple,  it's better to have all questions in a same table.. even if some of them have same questions

Top Labels in this Space