Clearing Columns syncs very slow Using Perfor...

Clearing Columns syncs very slow Using Perform Action on a Set of Row where the action is to

Set the Value of a Column to “”

I’m trying clear all the values of a column for a set of related rows. I have it working, but there are about 350 records and it syncs them one at a time… slowly counting down from 350 every time.

Does anyone know how to write, and call a google script that could do this from an AppSheet Action? Or any other, faster method to clear all the values of a column?

0 4 501
4 REPLIES 4

Any chance you could do this via a backend workflow rule rather than in the app? That would be much more efficient.

@praveen I’m using Google Sheets for the backend. Is that something that could be done with a script in the sheet, separate from the app? I would need to clear every column except the label, and be able to call the script via an AppSheet action.

@Lynn I had some issues with mine firing out of sync as well. When I call the action that should clear all rows for that column, it tends to miss a few the first time but will get them on the next try.

Following.

Is there a working example of this anywhere? I tried to do this on an app but the workflow fired before my data was all saved.

Top Labels in this Space