Color Type data column: which html code insert in email body of a bot (that sends email) ?

Hi,

i've a color type data column with these 4 colors.

Which html code i've to insert in Email Body html to show exactly these "balls" instead of words red, green, blue, yellow ...

Screenshot 2023-06-12 alle 23.12.27.png

1 21 443
21 REPLIES 21

Probably the best way to make sure you are getting the exact same matching color is to use a Color Picker tool.  These tools can inspect the web page area you specify and return the HEX code for that color.

I believe there are a come as a Google extension.

You could also explore using emojis in email body template.

Great idea,

how i can add this emoji ๐ŸŸก in this body template:

<<Start: PASSATI[ID]>>
<b><<[CHECK]>> - <<[DATA]>></b>
<<[EVENTO]>>
<<End>>

Which is the color type column in the above expression you mentioned?

[CHECK] and i would like to pass 2 colors yellow and green ... 

For one color i'm trying with:

<<Start: SELECT(PASSATI[ID], [CHECK] = "Yellow")>>
<b><<๐ŸŸก>> - <<[DATA]>></b>
<<[EVENTO]>>
<<End>>

but it doesn't work

Task 'Invia email' Body template. Expression '๐ŸŸก' is invalid due to: Expression refers to undefined field.

Please try 

<b><<SWITCH([CHECK], "Green"  , ๐ŸŸข, "Yellow", ๐ŸŸก,   ๐Ÿ”ต) >> - <<[DATA]>></b>
<<[EVENTO]>>
<<End>>

Great, but the email include all these 3 colors, green, yellow and blue (btw why blue has not the word "Blue" also ?

Actually i've green, red, yellow and blue, if i want to extract ONLY green and red how to achieve this result ?

I'm reading Switch()

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10107700?hl=en

Pleaee share the column type and values of [Check]

Does it have one value at a time.

Please share the results from the email also.

Please see below:

Screenshot 2023-06-13 alle 08.04.37.png

โ€ƒ

Okay, thank you. What kind of issue the email body result is giving. 

The email send all my records (with four colors)

<b><<SWITCH([CHECK], "Green" , ๐ŸŸข, "Yellow", ๐ŸŸก, "Red", ๐Ÿ”ด, ๐Ÿ”ต) >> <<[DATA]>></b>
<<[EVENTO]>>
<<End>>

I'd like to show ONLY 2 or 3 of them ...

Oops. Not sure why it should be. Are you able to share how the email body of the email generated looks by sharing a screenshot. Of course , please do not share any sensitive data such as email ID etc.

Here it is (i delete sensitive data).

As you can see are passed all the colors (there's also red, but i extract only a part of the file).

Yes it's really odd ...

Screenshot 2023-06-13 alle 08.59.15.png

โ€ƒ

Thank you. Okay.

Now I get it. I believe the result is as expexted and not odd. At a time the color column will have any one value for a record and the color related to that record's color column value is getting displayed. 

Even in app's detail or summary views, the color column displays only one value that is selected out of multiple options in form view. 

My solution was to display the column value color value ( one for one record) of each record through emoji. 

Could you elaboarare what you are expecting? We could possibly show more emojis but then how the email reader know the actual status? Because emojis do not have a tick mark etc. to indicate selection.

Hi,

i'd like to send email only for the records in PASSATI slice view that has one or more colors (i.e. all records with red, green and blue "balls" in check column)

Thank you but I do not understand. For that requirement you could create a slice based on color column status. 

Also initially you mentioned only green and yellow colors.

Now you mention red, green and blue.

Could you finalize your requirement.

Hi,

yes i could create for sure a slice based on color column status.

In another part of the App i've this email body and it extract only a specific value of the column (in this case the name "ELISABETTA"): 

<<Start: SELECT(SCADENZA OGGI[ID],IN("ELISABETTA",[ASSEGNATA]))>>
<b><<[CATEGORIA]>> - <<[ATTIVITA']>></b>
<<[DETTAGLI]>>
<<End>>

Why i cannot do the same for my case (select only some color) and need to create 4 specific slides one for each column ?

Yes you're right about the difference between colors.

I just want to understand how to achieve a result taking some colors (don't care about which color is).

Thanks a lot for your help!

@FaCe wrote:

Why i cannot do the same for my case (select only some color) and need to create 4 specific slides one for each column ?

Sorry, I do not understand this requirement.  What do you mean by slide? What do you mean by " one for each column?"

@FaCe wrote:

it extract only a specific value of the column (in this case the name "ELISABETTA"): 

What do you mean by specific value? What is the column type [ELISABETTA]? What are its possible values?

I think in general,  you have got the idea , how one can use emojis usefully for color columns.

By the way, is your requirement to just show the color status in the email body for user to see the report kind of document 

OR

Do you wish the color type column to be editable  by the user from the email body like an enum button?

@Suvrutt_Gurjar wrote:

By the way, is your requirement to just show the color status in the email body for user to see the report kind of document 

This is ok for now ...

@Suvrutt_Gurjar wrote:

What do you mean by specific value? What is the column type [ELISABETTA]? What are its possible values?

This is a Column Type Text have some names in it

Top Labels in this Space