Tasks Automation using Macros in SOHO scale

Problem:
A friend of mine has a company, in which 5(five) users use Google Sheets in a shared way. Every night, Spreadsheets receive new demand records (new lines) from the company's ERP system. Every morning, he runs a Macro that distributes Tasks among users, that is, distributes new demands among users. Throughout the day, users enter data and update the Spreadsheets simultaneously. At the end of the day (or during), my friend runs other Macros that prepare the data for visualizations (charts and reports). These Macros are written in AppScript and are stored in these shared Google Sheets. As Macros are accessible by all users, eventually, one of them changes some code.

Searching for a Solution:
So, I would like to know is there a Google application that: (1) allows you to create/import these Macros, isolating them from Sheets; (2) allows automation of tasks in a logical and structured way; (3) allows building them via "No Code" or "Low Code"; (4) manage (and restrict) user access to execute each Macro and (5) manage logs of the execution of each user's actions, including errors that occurred, aiming at a later audit.

0 1 60
1 REPLY 1

1 = No they can't be imported into Appsheet

2 = Yes you can use scheduled Appsheet bots to do similar tasks

3 = Yup, bots are defined as low code.  Though I wouldn't say their use was completely intuative

4 = Bots run either completely independant on a schedule.  Or when something is added/changed/deleted in the app.  You can control the latter via the users logged in email address if you need to.

5 = To do this you'd need to create a log table and get the bot to write to this.  Errors are a bit more tricky since they will be logged in the Bots error logs, but not in the spreadhseet or app.  Also if a bot fails to complete, if you set writting the log as the last item, the it will not record anything.  So for completeness you sometime have to write a log that the bot has started then add to that log that it ended successfully.

Hope this helps

Simon, 1minManager.com

Top Labels in this Space