Column date departure time to automatically set to 00:00:00

Hello, I have a start date column, with in view: CONTEXT("ViewType")<>"Form.

I created a Clocked In slice with: ISBLANK([Start date/time]).

I want this column date departure time to automatically set to 00:00:00, if no date departure time is entered at 00:00:00.

Sorry for my rough English๐Ÿค—

THANK YOU for your help!

Solved Solved
0 8 87
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you very much, I'll see all this!  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @poural. First of all, welcome to the community.

Second of all, do not post the same thing twice.

Now, regarding your question.

You want that column to be setted to "00:00" (midnight)?

Also, what do you mean by "if no date departure time is entered at 00:00:00"?

Also, ISBLANK() will need the field to be actually blank, not 0, in case your slice depends on it being 0

Please confirm the above.

BTW: What's your primary language?

Hello

Thank you for your answer, Sorry for my duplicate question.

My main language is French, or Arabic. Sorry for misplaining my problem.

I have an application that has to manage the arrival and departure of employees.

For the arrival I have no problem.

For departure, each employee points to his departure, the column is not set by default to: 00:00:00, Because the departure can occur before 00:00. What I want is when the employee has not pointed his departure, before midnight, this column then stops at 00:00:00.

For your last question, the slice is empty "ISBLANK()" because I have a view of the current employees who have not yet left.

I hope I have been clear.

Thanks again!

@poural wrote:

Because the departure can occur before 00:00.

Keep in mind the "00:00:00" is the START of the day - not the end of the day.

If you are trying to set a default time to cover the ENTIRE Departure day, you will want to set that time to "11:59:59 PM" or "23:59:59...depending on which clock you are using.   

I would recommend to apply this value in the "Initial Value" setting of your Departure column.  Then a user can override the time if desired.  You haven't given many details, so it is unclear what you are actually trying to achieve by defaulting the time for a user.

Hello, The arrival time is not visible to employees. it has an initial value: NOW(). It is the starting point that I have a problem with. Because each employee can point his departure whenever he wants. this "start" column is visible, but it has no initial value. I want the starting point to stop at midnight 00:00:00.
Thanks!

What do you mean by "I want the starting point to stop at midnight"?

I mean, it makes no sense in my mind, that's why I'm asking

If the employee has not pointed his departure before midnight, this column "departure" must have 00:00:00, I want this column not to remain empty, if there is no starting point before midnight. I don't know if that's clear to you?

Sure, now it's crystal clear.

Make a bot with an action that should be triggered daily at any time after midnight (maybe 00:10 hrs?) to make that column "00:00:00".

Then this bot should take a look at all the rows that are blank, so it's condition should be:

ISBLANK([Start date/time])

Make sure the event is an schedule to trigger daily.

Also "ForEachRow.." should be marked.

If you have no idea how to do it, first read the docs:

Bots: The Essentials | AppSheet Help Center

Process: The Essentials | AppSheet Help Center

Event: The Essentials | AppSheet Help Center

Step: The Essentials | AppSheet Help Center

Task: The Essentials | AppSheet Help Center

AUTOMATION | AppSheet Help Center

Then come back if you have questions and we can help you with it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thank you very much, I'll see all this!  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Top Labels in this Space