Column is being marked 'Read Only'

m247

Iโ€™m having problems with making my drop down list for my โ€œStatusโ€ Column in my Leave Filing app. It works fine for my HR view but my Department view is only showing the โ€œPendingโ€ option and not the other two.

Both my HR and Department Head have the same formula but only shows โ€œcolumn is being marked โ€˜Read Onlyโ€™โ€ for my Department Head View

Solved Solved
0 4 1,768
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IIRC, adding a sheet formula after you load a table (or regenerate) means that Appsheet wonโ€™t know it exists. This could explain why the one column is still editable. And really, thatโ€™s the issue. Columns with either a Sheet Formula or App Formula are not editable. If a column should be editable, it should not have any formula. What exactly are you trying to accomplish here?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

m247

This is what shows on my HR View

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

3X_f_8_f88d66480dacafc8e031d2c0fe54ea40a1f9f61f.png

m247

Thatโ€™s the thing though. Both of them have sheet formulas but why does the on for the HR Department work. I check the column type and data validity of both and they are the same

IIRC, adding a sheet formula after you load a table (or regenerate) means that Appsheet wonโ€™t know it exists. This could explain why the one column is still editable. And really, thatโ€™s the issue. Columns with either a Sheet Formula or App Formula are not editable. If a column should be editable, it should not have any formula. What exactly are you trying to accomplish here?

Top Labels in this Space