Concatenate date change to number after syncing

The concatenate date (Friday, 3 Apr 2020) change to number after syncing.

Before syncing
2X_4_49e891a243401436fce8fa62e386e57f912e0812.png

After syncing
2X_e_ef4010d5339c11e5ddbaaec5b6e2a72688cda695.png

Formula:
Concatenate(Switch(Weekday([REPORT ID]),1,โ€œSundayโ€,2,โ€œMondayโ€,3,โ€œTuesdayโ€,4,โ€œWednesdayโ€,5,โ€œThursdayโ€,6,โ€œFridayโ€,โ€œSaturdayโ€),โ€, โ€ ,Day([REPORT ID]),โ€ โ€ ,Switch(MONTH([REPORT ID]), 1, โ€œJanโ€, 2, โ€œFebโ€, 3, โ€œMarโ€, 4, โ€œAprโ€, 5, โ€œMayโ€, 6, โ€œJunโ€, 7, โ€œJulโ€, 8, โ€œAugโ€, 9, โ€œSepโ€, 10, โ€œOctโ€, 11, โ€œNovโ€, โ€œDecโ€),โ€ โ€,year([REPORT ID]))

In edit mode, the date is ok.

Is this a bug in Appsheet?

1 5 737
5 REPLIES 5

Your column type is probably set as โ€œAutomaticโ€ or โ€œNumberโ€. Please change itโ€™s type to โ€œDateโ€ from the spreadsheet.

Hi @justin
Does this help

Sorry guys, unfortunately, both methods donโ€™t work for me. I tried but it still changed to number. spreadsheet is showing correctly.

Can you please try

TEXT([REPORT ID], " DDDD, DD MMM YYYY") as expression for the Day column?

Edit: However this works only for the virtual column. Real columns seem to convert it to number as you have mentioned.

Edit 2: In case of real column,please change the back end column type for [Day] to โ€œPlain Textโ€, if you are using Google sheet or suitably to similar column type โ€œtextโ€ with other spreadsheet or database. With this setting of even the real column will show the date in the format you desire.

So even without trying anything else, as I suggested in my post earlier, you may first try simply changing the back end column type to "plain text"

Yeah!, works for me. Thanks!

Top Labels in this Space