Concatenation error

Hello friends, I'm trying to create a formula that returns the name of the month as text, concatenated with the year. I have used the following:

CONCATENATE(

IFS(
MONTH([Purchase Date])=1,"January",
MONTH([Purchase Date])=2,"February",
MONTH([Purchase Date])=3,"March",
MONTH([Purchase Date])=4,"April",
MONTH([Purchase Date])=5,"May",
MONTH([Purchase Date])=6,"June",
MONTH([Purchase Date])=7,"July",
MONTH([Purchase Date])=8,"August",
MONTH([Purchase Date])=9,"September",
MONTH([Purchase Date])=10,"October",
MONTH([Purchase Date])=11,"November",
MONTH([Purchase Date])=12,"December"
),

"-",

YEAR([Purchase Date])

)

It works, and I organize my table grouping by this field, however, when I tap save on the form, instead of returning June-2023, it returns a 5-digit number and the field quickly changes from June-2023 to a number by example 48599.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Solved Solved
0 4 144
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hmmm.  Sounds like its trying to convert [Purchase Date] to a date time or something.  Add a virtual column of YEAR([Purchase Date]) to check that this is getting just the year from the date.  If not then check [Purchase Date] is  DateTime.

Does it display correctly in the form view then changes in the detail view?

View solution in original post

What I did was create two columns and then a third one where I concatenate the data instead of doing everything in one. Thank you so much.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Check the column is formated as TEXT

Hi! yes is text!!

Hmmm.  Sounds like its trying to convert [Purchase Date] to a date time or something.  Add a virtual column of YEAR([Purchase Date]) to check that this is getting just the year from the date.  If not then check [Purchase Date] is  DateTime.

Does it display correctly in the form view then changes in the detail view?

What I did was create two columns and then a third one where I concatenate the data instead of doing everything in one. Thank you so much.

Top Labels in this Space