Conditional display column name for different views in dashboard

Hi,
I have two tables:
Items & SubItems
There are 2 slices for SubItems Table: Filtered by "Payed" and "To Be Payed" 
I ve created 2 views for each slice.
I ve created a conditional display name in the "Payed-TobePayed" column in the SubItems table as follows:
IFS(CONTEXT("View")="Payed", "Payed", CONTEXT("View")="ToBePayed", "To Be Payed")
if i execute each view independently it works fine, but when it is included into a Dashboard the conditional display name does not work.
Is there a workaround or a solution for this as the context("View") is equal to the "Dashboard View"?
thanks 

Solved Solved
0 4 63
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I see what you are saying, I don't think you can do it using your Context("View") method.

To workaround that, I would probably create a second virtual column.  So...
[New Virtual Column] App Formula would be "=[Original Column]" so they always have the same value

Then you give one column the Display name of "Payed", one column the Display Name of "To Be Payed"

Then to only show one column or the other, you could either (1) in the definition of the slice, only include the applicable column or (2) use SHOW IF logic to hide the "wrong" column for each instance.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You could include an additional evaluation pair of CONTEXT("ViewType")="Dashboard", "SomeOtherLabel"

Thanks for your response. The thing is that this solution does not apply to the views included into the Dashboard 

I see what you are saying, I don't think you can do it using your Context("View") method.

To workaround that, I would probably create a second virtual column.  So...
[New Virtual Column] App Formula would be "=[Original Column]" so they always have the same value

Then you give one column the Display name of "Payed", one column the Display Name of "To Be Payed"

Then to only show one column or the other, you could either (1) in the definition of the slice, only include the applicable column or (2) use SHOW IF logic to hide the "wrong" column for each instance.

This is a good workaround. Thanks alot

Top Labels in this Space