Conditional dropdown - what's the error

I have a multi-level conditional drop down in my app (a Little League evaluation app):

Select the Group --> Select the Coach --> Choose the Player ID. 

For the second step, I do not know why I am getting the warning sign next to the coaches names. See screen recording: 

chrome_fbeyPOhtLD.gif 

Mousing over does not give me a warning sign, and I see no other warnings elsewhere in the App Builder UI. Would appreciate any suggestions people have.  

Solved Solved
0 6 92
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can keep the Ref, but because you are trying to filter the list in your SELECT() formula, you need to use the key column with that formula.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You are trying to read the value from a wrong column. For example if you are using Enum column type with a base of Ref, and in your formula with the Suggested values, you are trying to read another column than key column, this will happen.

Thank you. So what's the solution? Remove ref? If so, then the drop-down
displays values from the wrong column.

Paul Alfieri

President, Lawrence Little League (#2301212)
www.ltjbsa.com | #PlayBall08648 | @ltjbsa

Can you please share the data structure of your app?

Two main tables:

Players, which contains info about each kid trying out

Evaluations, which is filled in via each coach by the app. 

The players table is tied to the evaluations table by the key player_id.

Players Table:

ltjbsa_0-1709477957896.png

Evaluations Table:

ltjbsa_1-1709477997318.png

You can keep the Ref, but because you are trying to filter the list in your SELECT() formula, you need to use the key column with that formula.

Thanks. I use player_key as the key colum since player_coach is not unique. If I set player_coach to be key, the app concatenates a third column as the key, which then seems to break my filtered drop down. 

The app filtering working fine, even with the warnings. While I'd like to get it right, is there ay risk in leaving it this way? Or another way I should be handling multi-level filtering altogether ?

Top Labels in this Space