Conditional google form in existing app

Morning All

I have an existing app I want to include a google form that has conditional logic on question 1, if A is ticked then go to section 2, if b then 3, c then 4 etc.

I tried adding the add-on but it doesn't automatically add it to my existing app, even though it opens in the existing app when I say launch.

so how do I get this to link to an existing app?

1 7 158
7 REPLIES 7

I am not completely clear on what you are having issues with.  Google Forms do not have direct connections to AppSheet apps - yet.  The best that can be done is to submit responses from a Google Form into a Google sheet that is then shared by the AppSheet app.  You may be able to navigate to the app from the Google Form through some link provided,  I am not sure I have never tried that.

There is then something called External Eventing, that documentation states will work with Google Form responses to trigger automation within an AppSheet app.  However, I know there was a post a couple weeks ago where another App Creator was not able to get it to work.   I don't know what that state of that feature is with regards to aut-submitting Google Form responses to an AppSheet app.

Please fill in any gaps!

but google forms do have a direct integration:

https://solutions.appsheet.com/google-forms-to-app

and it appears to only work with conditional formatting on a new app as well, when I tried integrating it into an existing app, it opens my existing app, but nothing is connected.

unless I am misunderstanding the purpose of this?
but whenever using this, it appears to only generate a new app, and not integrate into an existing one

I do think you mis-understand. 

The addon is not an integration but an analysis tool.  It reviews the Google Form, extracts the information and then creates an app, with its own Form, to do the same thing as the Google Form.

I do believe once the AppSheet App is created, the Google Form and the AppSheet Form submit their results to the same sheet.  So any Google Form submissions should show in the AppSheet app.

As for launching into the AppSheet app, I do not believe there is anything automatically added to the Google Form.  I am not proficient on Google Forms but know enough to understand that there is a Submit button that needs tapped to submit the Google Form responses to the sheet.  However,  I don't know what's available after that and if there is anything you can add to for user to interact with - such as a clickable link? 

If it is possible to add one, then you can manually insert the app link/URL to be clicked on to take a user to the AppSheet app.  There are two app URL's to choose from, one that physically installs as a mobile device app  or one that launches into the browser version of the app.  You can choose which best suits your needs.

I am aware of how a google form works, and maybe integration was the wrong word, but the principle still applies here, whether its integration or add-on, that this doesnt work as I expected.

in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iht34EyLg58

the user creates the form, does not submit any responses, follows the steps to add it to AppSheet, and creates a new app. but in my case I want it to add the form, as is, to an existing app. But this is not what is happening. 

I follow the exact same process as the video, and just get my existing app in its current state without the form.

@Sven_Arndt wrote:

the user creates the form, does not submit any responses, follows the steps to add it to AppSheet, and creates a new app. but in my case I want it to add the form, as is, to an existing app. But this is not what is happening. 

I follow the exact same process as the video, and just get my existing app in its current state without the form.

By "the Form" I do assume you mean the Google Form.

I know in the video it says "we have our Google form ready to go" but that really is in reference to a demo Google Form to show how the add-on works.

The intention of the add-on is to convert a long used Google Form into an AppSheet app - which contains its own version of the Form (Shown in the video as the "New" view).

The add-on does not in any way create a direct connection between the Google Form and the AppSheet app. Nor is that shown anywhere in the video. 

In fact, the app is intended to replace the Google Form.  It can be accessed through a link just like the Google Form or accessed as a mobile app but it collects data with its own Form. 

There is no longer a need for the Google Form at all.  But, if a creator wishes to use both, there will be no problem with that as well.

but in my situation, after creating the form, and pressing prepare and launch, and it opens appsheet, there is nothing different. so there is a disconnect between the form and trying to turn it into the app equivalent. 

I am not saying there is a connection between the form and the app, but what I see happen in the video, doesnt happen for me. I dont end up with a app version of the form.

Oh, I see.  Sorry, I guess I'm a little slow!

That would seem to be a bug it should just work.  I would report it to AppSheet support.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

Top Labels in this Space