Contains() with partial text search

FILTER(โ€œTABLEโ€,(CONTAINS([FREE TEXT FIELD],[TAGS]))) of List Type Ref

Hi All, trying to do the following:

I have a FREE TEXT FIELD where the user can type something such โ€œI want to know more about cars.โ€ (for example)

The lookup TAGS field contains โ€œcarsโ€ and the rows tagged as such are returned. The string is found contained in the FREE TEXT FIELD (as expected)

When the Tags field contains โ€œboats, bikes, carsโ€ then it is not returned. I know this is due to the full string being referenced in the contains lookup. I would like this to be returned when a partial match on the contains. Is there a means to achieve this?

0 5 551
5 REPLIES 5

You could try a combination of SPLIT() and INTERSECT() functions.

Something like

ISNOTBLANK(INTERSECT(SPLIT([FREE TEXT FIELD], " ")`, SPLIT([TAGS], ", ") ))

Assumes both ([FREE TEXT FIELD] and [TAGS] are text fields.

If [TAGS] is a list with base as text, then please try

ISNOTBLANK(INTERSECT(SPLIT([FREE TEXT FIELD], " ")`, SPLIT([TAGS] , โ€œ,โ€) ))

The above field is a list type so i am not able to get the function to work correctly. โ€œThe expression is valid but its result type โ€˜Yes/Noโ€™ is not one of the expected types: Listโ€

@Suvrutt_Gurjar can you help take a look at this issue above?

Sorry for responding late as it was night time past 10:30 PM in my geographic zone when you responded.

Need to try that suggested expression condition in place of CONTAINS() condition. Please try

FILTER(โ€œTABLEโ€,ISNOTBLANK(INTERSECT(SPLIT([FREE TEXT FIELD], " ")`, SPLIT([TAGS], ", ") )))

Or the below

FILTER(โ€œTABLEโ€, ISNOTBLANK(INTERSECT(SPLIT([FREE TEXT FIELD], " ")`, SPLIT([TAGS] , โ€œ,โ€) )))

Top Labels in this Space