Control user access using Google groups

Good Morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc70KgFxgCo&t=113s

I see this video for providing access to applications through Google Groups. 

Google Workspace Enterprise plan comes with Appsheet Core license. (Current, all users of the company)

Domain authentication requires Appsheet Enterprise plan, but the option is accessible in the appsheet design setup.

What happens when i enable this option and provide access to certain groups? Will all the users of the company to be considered now as Appsheet Enterprise Plan and sent a new bill?

Appreciate more information on this topic.

Thanks for your time.

Solved Solved
0 1 289
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@sathishk wrote:

What happens when i enable this option and provide access to certain groups? Will all the users of the company to be considered now as Appsheet Enterprise Plan and sent a new bill?

App Authentication is different than App Creator login access into the AppSheet account. 

When an AppSheet account is created, a particular individual account is used to establish the login credentials into that account.  All billing for apps under that account are then directed to the owner of those login credentials.

Apps, within the App Creator account, can be configured as to WHO can access them - Google Groups being one of those choices.  This just simply means that each user, who is a part of that group, can gain access to the app once they have properly authenticated using their normal credentials they would use to log into Google workspace. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@sathishk wrote:

App Authentication is different than App Creator login access into the AppSheet account. 

When an AppSheet account is created, a particular individual account is used to establish the login credentials into that account.  All billing for apps under that account are then directed to the owner of those login credentials.

Apps, within the App Creator account, can be configured as to WHO can access them - Google Groups being one of those choices.  This just simply means that each user, who is a part of that group, can gain access to the app once they have properly authenticated using their normal credentials they would use to log into Google workspace. 

Top Labels in this Space