Controlling view reference

Hi everyone,

One of the views in my app is an inline view, which refers to a list of entities.
I’ve duplicated this view, so I can group the entities in that list in two different ways.
(For example, one view groups entities by price, and the other by size).

The problem is, since the list is referred, it’s always refers to the first view.

How can I make it refer to the second view ? taking into account the referred list is referred from other views, an I need some views will refer to the first view, and some to second.

any help will be much appreciated !

0 7 499
7 REPLIES 7

For the 2nd view, choose the view’s Position as “Ref” and then it will use that as your inline view.

Hi Aleksi,

For some reason, there’s a difference between the options displayed within the view properties.
The first (the view I need to change) has no view position option.
I’m attaching a screenshot to further explain…

Allow me to piggy back on this question… what’s the easiest way to hide an empty REF List view, with out changing write permissions?
Thanks

With the Show? formula COUNT([RelatedChildRecords])=0

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

ref-position (i.e., inline) views are selected by the data set used by the data to be displayed. You cannot (to my knowledge) display multiple inline views for the same data set. The workaround is to create a slice that reproduces the data. The slice is considered a different data set and will be displayed using its own views.

So, If I’m duplicating a view, the clone is usable only if I’ll change the view type ?

Yes that’s a normal behavior. The system generated inline view doesn’t show that option… it’s set as ref automatically.

Top Labels in this Space