Controlling view type for child (REF data)

ism
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Hello everybody😃

I have a question how to control the view type for the child records in the Parent-View.

Parent table has a Child table ref to the Parent table. 

In the Parent-detail-view,  I would like to control the view type of Related-Child shuch as Map, Deck, Table, etc.

How could we control the view type???

Thanks in advance🤗

Solved Solved
0 6 265
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ism wrote:

Is it possible to create several "Child_inline" views and use each of them in different cases?

Yes, use one Slice per view you need. Then change the [Related ...] column in both, the REF_ROWS() expression as well as the column config so that you point it to the Slice instead of the table. Then your children will be presented using the Slice' Inline view

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TeeSee1_0-1664527654001.png

You can configure "Child_inline" view.

@TeeSee1 

Thank you very much for your advice!

@TeeSee1 wrote:

TeeSee1_0-1664527654001.png

You can configure "Child_inline" view.

Is it possible to create several "Child_inline" views and use each of them in different cases?

You can create dashboard views and show different child views but controlling which dashboard to display based on the parent row you pick is not doable.

Out of curiosity, what is your logic to choose the correct view???

@TeeSee1 

Thank you for your help!

My logic to chose the view is like this;

I have 4 tables

"Apartments", "Floor Maps", "Equip Pins", "Equipment"

ism_1-1664623712928.png

One Apartment has multiple related Floor Maps

One Equipment has multiple related Equip Pins on the Floor Maps

From the "Apartment" view, I would like to show "Floor Maps" in Deck view or Card view.

Feom the "Equipment" view,  I would like to show "Related Pins on "Floor Maps" in Table view.

@ism wrote:

Yes, use one Slice per view you need. Then change the [Related ...] column in both, the REF_ROWS() expression as well as the column config so that you point it to the Slice instead of the table. Then your children will be presented using the Slice' Inline view

Top Labels in this Space