Copy a value from the master table to a referenced data row

Hi,

I have the master table "A" and referenced table "B".

If I add a row in referenced table "B" I would like to copy the value of the master column "title" to the new referenced row in table "B".

Any idea how to easy realize that? Thank you very much, Joachim

Solved Solved
0 3 59
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Put [ref column to table A].[title] in the FORMULA of the target column in the referenced table B.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Put [ref column to table A].[title] in the FORMULA of the target column in the referenced table B.

It works perfect, thank you.

Is there any way to update the value if the "title" changes in the master table?

This will not work in reset on edit in "update behavior":
[_THISROW_BEFORE].[ref column to table A].[title]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[ref column to table A].[title]

Send DataSend Data

Send DataSend Data

I usually make columns that can be derived from a ref column VC because that can cover most use cases (ie PDF generation) and values are automatically updated. However if you need to use regular columns (perhaps you use the data in an outside app), then you have to edit the row to update the values.

One way to do it is to create a utility column (can be any type, number would do just fine) that you can update and whenever you update Master table A's label you call via bot an action to update/edit that column to force the recalculation of the formula.

Top Labels in this Space