Correct localization

In terms of localization, thereยดs plenty to be missing, but Iยดll be specific on this one. The "Go to details" system button that cannot be neither modified or translated. I have a card view where I want to implement this button, and it should be available for localization just as any other system words.

Screenshot_1.jpg

I know it is possible to skip using this by creating a button with LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW directly aiming at the detail view and filtering by ID, but with many different card views this could get unnecessarily annoying.

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 2 141
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@thematgallery wrote:

know it is possible to skip using this by creating a button with LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW directly aiming at the detail view and filtering by ID, but with many different card views this could get unnecessarily annoying.

What I noted above is the best approach from useability BUT if you insisted on having a button on the Card, then the correct alternative to using the "Go To Details" action is to create your own action button.  The "Go to Details" button is just a LINKTOROW() function and can be implemented in your own "go to another view" action like this:

LINKTOROW([_THISROW], "View_Detail")

Creating this action on the data Table the Card view uses will add the action to the list you can choode to be placed on the Card view - allowing you to give it any name you wish.

NOTE:  "View_Detail" is the system provided view for that data table.  You can find it listed in the System generated vies section.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Where do you see this in the app?  I am not aware of any button like this that cannot be changed.

Never mind, I see where you mean.  I think the most common approach for this is to set the entire Card such that when clicked it uses the "Go To Details".  Then the button is not shown and frees up a slot in the CArd view for other actions.

But you are right, there are several examples of "system" actions that are NOT made available in the action slist at all.  I have never understood why these are not shown so we could customize the name at least.

@thematgallery wrote:

know it is possible to skip using this by creating a button with LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW directly aiming at the detail view and filtering by ID, but with many different card views this could get unnecessarily annoying.

What I noted above is the best approach from useability BUT if you insisted on having a button on the Card, then the correct alternative to using the "Go To Details" action is to create your own action button.  The "Go to Details" button is just a LINKTOROW() function and can be implemented in your own "go to another view" action like this:

LINKTOROW([_THISROW], "View_Detail")

Creating this action on the data Table the Card view uses will add the action to the list you can choode to be placed on the Card view - allowing you to give it any name you wish.

NOTE:  "View_Detail" is the system provided view for that data table.  You can find it listed in the System generated vies section.

Top Labels in this Space