Count A certain day in a Mounth

Hello
1.How can i count a certain day or what a function i need to use for counting for example how many Sundayโ€™s i have in july
2. How can i use it with the google calendarโ€ฆ
For example i have the same math class every Sundayโ€™s in 10:00 pm but there are Sundayโ€™s that it canceled like holidays how can i count it base on the calendar
Tnx

0 5 1,448
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This might help:

Hmmmโ€ฆ Difficult.

The only way that I can think of accomplishing something like this is to have a table that has a record for every day in the year, and on that table you could have a column that indicates the day number for each of those days. I would also include the month number, and might as well do the week number too - that can make it even easier to do the math.

Then you could run a count, with a select formula, over that table and count the number of zeroโ€™s (because Sunday is the day number of zero) limiting so that the records counted are only for that week or below.

Something like:

Count(Select(Year_guide[day_number], and(
[Week_Number] <= weeknum(today()),
[Day_Number] = 0)))

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You can try this expression to identify how many times a given weekday (1-7 for Sun-Sat) occurs in a month containing a given date:

ceiling(
  day(
    eomonth([date], 0)
    - weekday(eomonth([date], 0))
    - ifs(([weekday] > weekday(eomonth([date], 0))), 7)
    + [weekday]
  )
  / 7.0
)
  1. eomonth([date], 0) gets the date of the last day of the month that contains [date].

2. weekday(eomonth([date], 0)) get the number of the weekday of that last day of the month.

3. eomonth(...) - weekday(...) computes the date of the last day of the next-to-last week of the month.

4. ([weekday] > weekday(eomonth([date], 0))) asks whether the target weekday ([weekday]) actually occurs before the last week. For instance, if we want the last Thursday, but the month ends on a Monday, the last week does not have a Thursday, so the last Thursday then occurs in the next-to-last week.

5. ... - ifs(..., 7) subtracts one week from the date (see (3)) only if the target day occurs in the next-to-last week (see (4)).

6. ... + [weekday] adds the number of the target weekday ([weekday]) to the given date (...; see (3) & (5)) to get the date of the last target day of the month.

7. day(...) gets the day of the month from the given date (...; see (6)).

8. ... / 7.0 calculates the (decimal) number of weeks contained in the given number of days (...; see (7)).

9. ceiling(...) rounds-up the calculated number of weeks (...; see (8)).

This seems to produce accurate results, but I havenโ€™t thoroughly tested it. Use it at your own risk.

If you make your data source a calendar instead of a sheet, you could use recurring events for each class.

Then create a slice that filters for the classes on the month/day you want to count.

Continuing the discussion from Count A certain day in a Mounth:

Tnx for all of uโ€ฆ i will try u Suggestions

Top Labels in this Space