Count dupicate entries in a form table

Hello,
I’m trying to count the number of times a specific entry is made on my form.
Table = log
Column - job name
Basically, If job name appears more than 1x, I want to prevent the job revenue formula from repeating.

Thanks!

0 6 474
6 REPLIES 6

Check this article and the section " Preventing Duplicate Field Values"

I did take a look at that & tried to build an expression that would do the trick but I’m not having any luck.
Here is what I am after in detail:
Our supervisors in the field track their labor, material and equipment with an app I have made.

Many jobs are multi-day projects so form entries will have duplicate “Job Names” in the table “Log”. When this happens, I’m trying to not misstate our job revenue and prevent that lookup from happening if the job name has already been logged to the form.

My job revenue is a price type and app formula is [job name].[job revenue]

My job name is a Ref type that looks at the “All Jobs” table which includes all the job information such as job revenue.

If any job runs over several days is it costed per day ?
It appears irrespective of the # of days for any job it has a fixed overall price.

So it appears you need to do a select(Log[Job Name],TRUE) which will select UNIQUE values of [Job Name]

Hence select(Log[Job name],TRUE)*[job revenue] should do the trick provided that [job revenue] is the total revenue for the job.

If any job is costed per day then
SUM(Log[Job Name]*[job revenue]) should work

I’ll give this a shot, it might help w/the other 2 apps I’m working on.
A mowing route complete w/job costing based on revenue. In some cases, guys punch out of a job for lunch then back into the same job.
Also a snow app, where we have a mix of hourly jobs and fixed contract accounts.

Thanks!

Where is the job revenue value computed? Based on, “My job revenue is a price type and app formula is [job name].[job revenue]”, it looks like it’s calculated in the All Jobs table. When you use a dereference like [job name].[job revenue], the value is not recalculated, it is only copied.

You say, “I want to prevent the job revenue formula from repeating”. Where is it occurring now that it is repeating? In the Log table? If so, why does it even occur there?

So do you mean this… you have multi records for the same job name in your Log table but you would like to calculate the same job revenue only once? What is the formula you have tried already?

Top Labels in this Space