Create Rule and Warning

Hi all.

Is it possible to trigger a warning if two columns match a condition.

My App selects parts to either Renew, Repair or Paint. The two columns in the row are:

[CODE] & [Description]

Example, If a user selects 'Renew' from [CODE] which is an Enum, and he selects 'Bumper' from [Description] again an enum. I would like a warning to the user something like...: 'You have selected a new bumper, would you like to add clips to that order' or something along those lines.

Another could be:

Example, If a user selects 'Renew' from [CODE] which is an Enum, and he selects 'Airbag' from [Description] again an enum. I would like a warning to the user something like...: 'You have selected a new Airbag, would you like to add Seatbelts to that order?' or something along those lines.

Is this possible?

Solved Solved
0 4 201
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok I managed a version which will work in my app, not a pop up as that should be high on the list for the developers hopefully.

Using a virtual column app formula:

IFS(

AND([Code] = "New", CONTAINS([Description], "Subframe")), "REMINDER - BOLTS, BUSHES, SGC?",
AND([Code] = "New", CONTAINS([Description], "Suspension")), "REMINDER - BOLTS, BUSHES, SGC?",
AND([Code] = "New", CONTAINS([Description], "Tyre")), "REMINDER - SGC, BALANCE, WHEEL R&R, VALVE, RESET TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR SYSTEM?",
true, ""
)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I'm pretty sure this is not possible at the moment. I am guessing you are referring to something along the lines of a popup that would prompt this? You could incorporate a virtual column (probably 'show' type) with the content being dynamic (i.e. the text displayed) using IFS() and then also setting the 'show if' condition to only show once [CODE] and [Description] have a value. But doing this via a popup type interaction is not possible currently.

I have been wanting the popup functionality for a while because I have a condition that should show a warning popup vs just text in the form itself because I want the user to acknowledge the warning before proceeding to fill out my form the rest of the way.

Ok I managed a version which will work in my app, not a pop up as that should be high on the list for the developers hopefully.

Using a virtual column app formula:

IFS(

AND([Code] = "New", CONTAINS([Description], "Subframe")), "REMINDER - BOLTS, BUSHES, SGC?",
AND([Code] = "New", CONTAINS([Description], "Suspension")), "REMINDER - BOLTS, BUSHES, SGC?",
AND([Code] = "New", CONTAINS([Description], "Tyre")), "REMINDER - SGC, BALANCE, WHEEL R&R, VALVE, RESET TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR SYSTEM?",
true, ""
)

Hey man,

it's very easy. Use INPUT().

Cheers

Hi @Denny774 , not sure about INPUT() as I've never come across that function before, any chance of more info?

Many Thanks

Top Labels in this Space