Create a PDF report with a list of dates

I have a visit tracking app and currently, when I generate a PDF through a workflow I get a very long list of visits as each time a site visit is logged in the app it creates a new line in the PDF. What I want to do is have the report create a line for each Client and then list the visit dates with a total time for all visits.

Solved Solved
0 17 1,699
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to trigger the report from the Clients table. Edit & configure as necessary.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

If you have a reference between the Client table and the Visits table (i.e. [Related Visits]), then you can trigger the PDF report from Clients table with calling the child records for each client.

Hello @LeventK ! What if we do not have any parent and child table, i.e. no reference? In my case, I need to generate a PDF file that contains selected rows of a table. The good thing is, PDF is generated easily using SELECT(), but the problem is, the whole list of selected rows goes in the single cell of a table separated by commas! How can I put each item of a list in different rows?

Thank you in anticipation!

I believe @LeventK has not been currently active in the community. 

If you could start a new post or share in this post what is your current template, current result  and what is the desired format of the report, the community could possibly help.

Sure Sir!

Currently I'm using the syntax:

For Date Column of PDF
<<SELECT(Brands Ledger[Date], AND([[Date]>=[_THISROW].[From Date], [Date]<=[_THISROW].[To Date]))>>

(Similarly for other columns of PDF, [Date] is changed with other column name)

The result I got:
Result I got.png

Desired Format:
The Desired Result.png

Let's say "listening silently" instead of "not active" 🙂

Let's say "listening sliently" instead of "not active" :-))))

Possibly there should be something wrong with either your template or your <Start:> and <End> syntax. For example is [Date] your Key Column? Can you post a screenshot from your PDF template doc so that we can see the expressions?

Sure!

Template Screenshot.png

The table does not contain any child table whose rows are to be shown in the table of the PDF, but the selected rows of the table itself has to be arranged in the table of the PDF.

@Vaibhav_Traders 

Your report template shall be constructed like this, assuming that [Date] column is the Key Column of your report generating table:

LeventK_0-1685541762403.png

Hi @LeventK ,

I will certainly remember the phrase "listening silently..." 🙂

Nice to see you posting after a while. Miss your expertise in the community.

Hope to see you more regularly. Best wishes. 

Thank you so much @LeventK . You don't know how much you helped me today! Now this is working perfectly. Thank you so much for your response!!!

@Vaibhav_Traders you're very welcome. Glad to hear that your problem has been solved.

I do have a reference between the 2 tables, however I am triggering the PDF report from the visits table using the following.

ORDERBY (SELECT(Plowing [Visit ID], AND([Date] >=[_THISROW].[Report Start Date], [Date] <=[_THISROW].[Report End Date])), [Customer],True)

How would I rewrite to pull the info from the Clients table?

You need to trigger the report from the Clients table. Edit & configure as necessary.

Thank you for the help. Fantastic.

You’re welcome.

Top Labels in this Space