Create a view of selected items

Hi

I'd like to have have a list of items (example 10 items) and have the user select from the items and then show a summary of the selected items.  This is not for shopping or checkout though. 

For example, if there are 10 items shown in sequnce AND then if items 1 and 7 are selected out of 10 items shown, display a summary of just items 1 and 7 at the end of sequence and get user verification of the selected list. 

The user could then modify (add) to the list if something was missed or delete an item if it was not intended to be selected. 

Then the final selections are displayed in the app and can be printed/shared etc.

Any help would be awesome! 

0 3 76
3 REPLIES 3

You could have another column with a formula of [ListColumnName] or perhaps even some text in front of it like this:

CONCATENATE("You have selected ", [ListColumnName], " is this correct?")

Than you so much for your time to reply.  I'm truly a newbie so apologies.  Is that code something I would put into the database or use in AppSheet?

This would go into AppSheet, but from your comment I wonder if you have even tried a list or enumlist field type. They do automatically show what is selected. What I was suggesting is a trick I have used where the selection list is long and you need to show the selection elsewhere in the form.

In general, when developing in AppSheet it is usually better to have logic in the app and keep data in the data sources.

Top Labels in this Space