Create only a search box to pull information from the sheets.

Hello everyone, I'm new to this and trying to do something... Would it be possible to create a menu similar to what we have here in the community? I want to have in my app just one screen with a search box in the middle that when a keyword is entered, brings me the information in another menu or something like that... I'm not sure if it's possible, as I mentioned I'm still new to all of this. Thanks to everyone!!!!!

Solved Solved
0 2 186
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Pnh0,

Of course it's possible... -> what you want to achieve is pretty simple, but AppSheet can do a lot more, in several ways. I suggest you to try a few App Templates 

-> If you want to filter data rows with a keyword : just import your sheet in Appsheet data. It'll transform into a table with columns. Then create a table view for this table. In this view, the system has a 'search' bar/button by default where you can input your keyword.

-> If you absolutely want to have a menu : create the table view, and also a form view . Then you'll need to create an action linktofilteredview()  and place it on the "Save form" behavior in your form view option. 

I suggest you explore documentation step by step while building your app. Also important prior building it is to know how the app will be used : does user need to edit data or is it purely documentation and reading ? Depending on it, pricing will be different (editable : licence per email, readonly : 50$/month) If it's only for you or for least than 10 people and don't need the app to send e-mails/calls etc, you can stay at free plan.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Pnh0,

Of course it's possible... -> what you want to achieve is pretty simple, but AppSheet can do a lot more, in several ways. I suggest you to try a few App Templates 

-> If you want to filter data rows with a keyword : just import your sheet in Appsheet data. It'll transform into a table with columns. Then create a table view for this table. In this view, the system has a 'search' bar/button by default where you can input your keyword.

-> If you absolutely want to have a menu : create the table view, and also a form view . Then you'll need to create an action linktofilteredview()  and place it on the "Save form" behavior in your form view option. 

I suggest you explore documentation step by step while building your app. Also important prior building it is to know how the app will be used : does user need to edit data or is it purely documentation and reading ? Depending on it, pricing will be different (editable : licence per email, readonly : 50$/month) If it's only for you or for least than 10 people and don't need the app to send e-mails/calls etc, you can stay at free plan.

Nice!!! Thank you a lot for the help ๐Ÿ˜„

Top Labels in this Space