REF_ROWS using a SLICE on custom column

I have a Classes table and a Students table. The Classes table has a virtual column named ActiveStudents that's a List with formula REF_ROWS("Not Rejected Students", "class_id"). Not Rejected Students is a SLICE from the Students table where the status <> "Rejected"

My Classes view shows each "class" and and it's grouped by Students list. It shows the correct number of students in the class. However, in the Classes detail view ActiveStudents displays a table with all students, even the ones with status = "Rejected". What's strange is the table actually says there are 2 students in the class although it shows 3. 

When I test the "Not Rejected Students" slice, it has the correct students. It appears as if the Classes detail view ignores the slice and shows the entire Students table instead. 

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this issue? I thought it was a pretty a pretty simple and standard set up. 

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 3 119
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You may want to ensure in the ActiveStudents  column, the referenced table name is set to the slice  "Not Rejected Students" and not to the table "Students"

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1700809816954.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You may want to ensure in the ActiveStudents  column, the referenced table name is set to the slice  "Not Rejected Students" and not to the table "Students"

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1700809816954.png

Thank you! That was the issue. When I changed the Referenced Table Name to "Not Rejected Students (slice)" it started working as expected. 

You are welcome. Best wishes for your app creation.

Top Labels in this Space