Create rows from Enum List

TLDR: can i test webhooks with a Free plan account type?

Hi all,

I am trying to give the user the ability to create โ€˜Color Codesโ€™ - (rows on a table โ€˜Color Tableโ€™)
Each row is associated with a โ€˜Vendorโ€™
Vendors are rows of Contacts Table, 'Contact Type = โ€˜Vendorโ€™
Each Vendor can have multiple Color Codes
Each โ€˜Color Codeโ€™ can have multiple associated โ€˜Vendorsโ€™

So I want the user to be able to Add a new โ€˜Color Codeโ€™ where they stipulate;

• Color Code = Text field
  • Color Name = Text field (Label)
  • Image = Image field (Label)
  • Vendor(s) = Enum List field

So when the user Adds a โ€˜Color Codeโ€™ and selects multiple โ€˜Vendorsโ€™ the app creates Multiple rows for each โ€˜Vendorโ€™ in the Color Table (and copies the other fields 1 to 1, itโ€™s just the โ€˜Vendorโ€™ column that will be different for each row)

Iโ€™m new to webhooks and integrations I have been looking at a New Records From EnumList community sample app, it doesnโ€™t appear to effectively execute the webhook and perhaps this is because my app is not deployedโ€ฆ the sample app itself is Deployed but doesnโ€™t appear to be working eitherโ€ฆ

I am getting two errors in the Audio Log

1. REST API invoke: โ€œErrorsโ€: โ€œError: Row having key โ€˜b3e832eaโ€™ in table โ€˜Assetโ€™ containing value โ€˜001 , 002 , 003 , 004 , 005 , 006โ€™ in field โ€˜DATAโ€™ failed โ€˜Valid_Ifโ€™ condition.โ€,
  • I assume this is because the Validif constraint wants only one valueโ€ฆ
  1. 400 Bad Request: because i donโ€™t know what Iโ€™m doing here
  • I have copied the sample app into my own account
  • I have enabled the API key in the Integrations, IN menu
  • I do have an Access Key set to enabled
  • I have changed the app id inside the workflow webhook task to my own

So I think the 400 error is a result of the body rather than an App ID issue. Perhaps the JSON payload is not firing as I donโ€™t have any URL, HTTP Verb or HTTP Content Type fields available when i set the workflow webhook preset to - AppSheet: Add Row
The Documentation isnโ€™t clear on what preset to useโ€ฆ

Am i on the right track here or can i get the same result from creating an action rather than a workflow, perhaps something like community30503 sample app where i guess would need to use a SPLIT expression and grouped actions?

0 3 552
3 REPLIES 3

Please check a sample app called โ€œNew Records from EnumListโ€ from www.appsheet.com/portfolio/531778.

And yes you can test Webhooks with the Free plan as well.

Thanks Aleksi, ill keep reading up on this stuff

Top Labels in this Space