Creating an app and leaving an organization

If I create and deploy an app, then leave the organization so that my account is deactivated, would the app be available to users and designated app editors? My organization is preparing to deploy our first app and want to make sure we have an understanding of how business continuity is to be maintained.

Solved Solved
0 1 64
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think if another member of the organization is a coauthor they can copy the app once you leave so that they become the owner of the "new" app. In my opinion, continuity should be handled by having an admin account as the "owner" of all of the apps and each developer is a coauthor. This does make implementing webhooks and adding data sources more difficult. But it ensures smooth continuity regardless of which developer is working for the organization at any time. Also, you won't get charged for the admin account because that account would rarely actually use the apps per month.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I think if another member of the organization is a coauthor they can copy the app once you leave so that they become the owner of the "new" app. In my opinion, continuity should be handled by having an admin account as the "owner" of all of the apps and each developer is a coauthor. This does make implementing webhooks and adding data sources more difficult. But it ensures smooth continuity regardless of which developer is working for the organization at any time. Also, you won't get charged for the admin account because that account would rarely actually use the apps per month.

Top Labels in this Space