Creating or editing a form takes a lot of time

Hello!, how are you?

I'm having this problem in a table that create reports for my reservations app. In the table there is not a single virtual column, all of the columns calculate only when the form is saved.

But funny enough when i save the form it just computes inmediately but the problem is when i want to edit this row or create a new one.

The input needed to create the report are the following:

1. Beginning date.

2. End Date.

3. Building of report.

Also. if i edit this form and change any of those inputs, when they are changed the app freezes for a little bit.

What could be the problem? i cant find anything that could be causing this.

Regards,

Federico.

Solved Solved
0 4 269
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello, it solved by itself. Well kinda, i just added another field to the form and then it just started working again perfectly.

Regards,

FEderico.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Does Physical columns effect performance? I have never read about this anywhere.

I know expensive format rules effect UI rendering issues sometimes. Not sure about physical columns. 

I think physical columns do not affect performance, but this behavior is really weird. 

Here is a video where you can see the delay between changes.Animation.gif

Anyone experienced this before? is there anything i could do here? this never happened to me before.

Regards,

Federico.

Depending on the number of columns that are doing cross table queries in Valid Ifs or in app formulas, you may experience latency (time between a button push or a column input change and downstream data changes or UX navigation), but these will not affect sync time.

Hello, it solved by itself. Well kinda, i just added another field to the form and then it just started working again perfectly.

Regards,

FEderico.

Top Labels in this Space