Creating report from a slice

Hi,

I am just looking for a general guide of creating an email report from a table slice using the new bot/process/task system. I have the email portion set up, however when I go to run the reports, the reports are empty. Any thoughts?

0 10 1,244
10 REPLIES 10

Thank you for this. I appreciate it

Hi

I’ve tried for weeks to try to create a bot that sends a report for a slice at 5 am everyday and have had no luck. I have built a task and have built a process for the task, however the bot doesn’t accept the slice as a valid configuration. Any assistance?

You setup the Bot for the base Table, then you reference the Slice in your report’s template, using a START expression.

So Here is my template for this report

what am I doing wrong. The slice is at the start expression, then the columns I want on the report, then an end expression, yet it is not executing.

Security Actions For Nampa OK MHP

<<Start:Nampa OK MHP>>

Property: <<[Properties].[Name]>>
Patrol Action: <<[Patrol Action].[Action]>>
Time: <<[Time]>>
Tech: <<[Tech]>>

<>

START expressions require a List of key values. You just put the slice name, that’s not enough, add in the key column.
<<START:Nampa OK MHP[key-column]>>

So?

I just told you how you had to change your template from your previous post, did you try that?

I’d suggest you review the help article on start expressions again.

I’ve added key column to the top of the template and it sends every record on the security table not just the slice I want. Also wanted to add I’ve reviewed the document several times and I am still unsure as to why it isn’t performing the action I want.

I’ve set the bot, event, process and tasks to Security (Base Table). I’ve then used your suggestion to create an email template:

<<START: Nampa OK MHP[Key]>>
Property: <<[Properties]>>
Patrol Action: <<[Patrol Action]>>
Time: <<[Time]>>
Tech: <<[Tech]>>
<>

If you are done helping let me know and I’ll ask in then general forum again. no sense asking twice.

What is your slice’s row filter condition ?

I set it to [Properties] = “Nampa OK MHP” and the result was what I wanted. Thank you for your help and patience.

Top Labels in this Space