Cross devices UID#

I want to create a UID [NUMBER] for differents devices / users.

First I used CONTEXT("Device") in order to get the device ID but I need to convert this ID into a number.

The function NUMBER() doesn't work with text input.

What do you suggest for this case ? Thank you.

0 6 137
6 REPLIES 6

whatยดs your point for it? You can do it by USEREMAIL()

In fact I used USEREMAIL() but I want to add [DEVICE] as other parameter since one user can access the application from different devices.

You mean you just want to pull all of the numbers out of the CONTEXT("Device") output, and not the letters? Why? Maybe try EXTRACT()?

I tried EXTRACT() but in vain.

Let explain the situation that I am trying to solve and maybe you will have another suggestion.

Actually, for each entry I need to assign a UID. Three parameters to be concatenated :

1- Ordinal Number;

2- User Email (for each user I assign an ID)

3- Last parameter is the device ID. Since I cannot expect the list of devices used, I thought of using CONTEXT(DEVICE) but I don't know how I can extract just numbers (I need only number input for the UID Function).
Do you have another idea ?

>>"for each entry I need to assign a UID. Three parameters to be concatenated"

Why do you need to do this? Why not just use UNIQUEID()?

>>"1- Ordinal Number;"

https://community.appsheet.com/t/serial-numbers-if-you-must/19325

>>"(I need only number input for the UID Function"

What UID Function? Why does it only need numbers? You're aware that an email address, the 2nd component of your proposed UID, is also not just numbers, right?

-------------

Appsheet doesn't have very sophisticated string manipulation, so it seems it won't be easy (or even possible?) to extract only the numbers from an alphanumeric string. But you could do it fairly easily with a GSheet formula, such as:

=REGEXREPLACE( A1 "[a-zA-Z]" "" )

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
Top Labels in this Space