Dashboard Add Button Bug

Hello-

Iโ€™ve encountered an error on the dashboard view add button. Iโ€™m using a slice for a certain view, but whenever I press the add button, it navigates to a form that is related to the table but not on the slice. Can someone look on to this?

Regards,
June Corpuz

0 5 346
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

Did you create your own action, taking you to the form youโ€™ve created for your slice?

Or are you talking about the system generated Add action?

Using this image as an example:

If I created a slice for the Info table - this action would not open to the slice, it would open to the normal form for the table.

Youโ€™ve got to create your own action using LINKTOFORM(), as well as create a separate form for your slice, if you want things to go there.

Nope, I did not create additional action for this one and Iโ€™m talking about the system generated Add button.

I tried setting the โ€œSliceโ€ to the Menu and it opens the correct form (without adding any action).

Youโ€™ll need an action to open that form anywhere else. You canโ€™t change the system generated action.

This solves my problem.

But I just want to get the idea behind why do I still need to create a new add button? Because whenever I create a slice and put it in a menu, the add button for form works fine, it has the same column arrangement as the slice.

The reason the button that you put inside the menu works, is because thatโ€™s literally a link to that view. Thereโ€™s no action involved with what happens with the menu, itโ€™s literally just links to individual views.

thatโ€™s why it works in the menu, because itโ€™s a direct link to where you want to go. Whereas the system-generated addaction is hard-coded to only operate for the main base table.

Top Labels in this Space