Dashboard Functionality

FatLou

I have four views.
Properties
Leasing Pipeline
Organizations
ContactsRelatedToOrganizations

Properties and Leasing Pipline are related because a Column in Leasing Pipeline references Properties.

Leasing Pipeline and Organizations are also related because a column in Leasing Pipeline references Organizations.

Organizations and ContactsRelatedToOrganizations are related because a row in ContactsRelatedToOrganizations references Organizations.

Currently if I selected a Property all of the associated rows in Leasing Pipline are shown. If I select an Organization all of the associated rows in ContactsRelatedToOrganizations are shown.

My goal however is to:

1. Select a Property, The Leasing Pipline view would now be displaying all associated Leasing Pipeline rows.
  2. Select a row from Leasing Pipeline.
    Once I select a row from Leasing Pipeline I want the associated ORganization to appear in the Organizations view.
  3. then I want the information from the ContactsRelatedToOrganizations to be viewed.

Any help?

-FL

0 4 278
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

What currently happens when you select a Leasing Pipeline row, does it filter Organizations as expected?

Are you saying that you want the table to be blank until a row in the previous table has been selected?

Nothing happens to the Organizations table it is a list of all organizations. When I select a Property I want all associated rows from Leasing Pipeline to appear, that works!
The issue is
When I then select a row from Leasing Pipeline I want the Organization associated with that specific row in the Leasing Pipeline to appear (or have the organizations view filter to that specific organization).

I read some things about passing values through dashboard views using LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW… but I am not sure that actually works or how it would work.

FL

I’m guessing it is because of how your references are setup.
Here is how you described your refs, notice the arrow directions:

properties <—pipeline —> organizations<—contacts

And how it should be setup for the functionality I think you’re expecting:

properties<–pipeline <— organizations<—contacts

In other words, Organizations should reference Pipeline, not the other way around. Although I’m unsure if this relationship is feasible for your data. I’m not sure what the best solution for you is right now. I will think on it some more, maybe someone else can comment in the meantime.

FatLou

That makes a bit of sense, but what about the reverse reference? I thought if table a referenced table b that implied that table b was related to table a.

Pipeline consist of a reference to Organization, Contact and Property.
So an Organization can exist in more than one Pipeline. Do I need an entirely different data Table to handle the OrganizationPipeline relationship? Or is there someway to hold a one to many relationship in the Organization table?

Top Labels in this Space