Dashboard Functionality

FatLou

I have four views.
Properties
Leasing Pipeline
Organizations
ContactsRelatedToOrganizations

Properties and Leasing Pipline are related because a Column in Leasing Pipeline references Properties.

Leasing Pipeline and Organizations are also related because a column in Leasing Pipeline references Organizations.

Organizations and ContactsRelatedToOrganizations are related because a row in ContactsRelatedToOrganizations references Organizations.

Currently if I selected a Property all of the associated rows in Leasing Pipline are shown. If I select an Organization all of the associated rows in ContactsRelatedToOrganizations are shown.

My goal however is to:

1. Select a Property, The Leasing Pipline view would now be displaying all associated Leasing Pipeline rows.
  2. Select a row from Leasing Pipeline.
    Once I select a row from Leasing Pipeline I want the associated ORganization to appear in the Organizations view.
  3. then I want the information from the ContactsRelatedToOrganizations to be viewed.

Any help?

-FL

0 4 274
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

What currently happens when you select a Leasing Pipeline row, does it filter Organizations as expected?

Are you saying that you want the table to be blank until a row in the previous table has been selected?

Nothing happens to the Organizations table it is a list of all organizations. When I select a Property I want all associated rows from Leasing Pipeline to appear, that works!
The issue is
When I then select a row from Leasing Pipeline I want the Organization associated with that specific row in the Leasing Pipeline to appear (or have the organizations view filter to that specific organization).

I read some things about passing values through dashboard views using LINKTOFILTEREDVIEWโ€ฆ but I am not sure that actually works or how it would work.

FL

Iโ€™m guessing it is because of how your references are setup.
Here is how you described your refs, notice the arrow directions:

properties <โ€”pipeline โ€”> organizations<โ€”contacts

And how it should be setup for the functionality I think youโ€™re expecting:

properties<โ€“pipeline <โ€” organizations<โ€”contacts

In other words, Organizations should reference Pipeline, not the other way around. Although Iโ€™m unsure if this relationship is feasible for your data. Iโ€™m not sure what the best solution for you is right now. I will think on it some more, maybe someone else can comment in the meantime.

FatLou

That makes a bit of sense, but what about the reverse reference? I thought if table a referenced table b that implied that table b was related to table a.

Pipeline consist of a reference to Organization, Contact and Property.
So an Organization can exist in more than one Pipeline. Do I need an entirely different data Table to handle the OrganizationPipeline relationship? Or is there someway to hold a one to many relationship in the Organization table?

Top Labels in this Space