Dashboard is not able to show proper count

In my normal view (i.e.) without holding that view in dashboard , my count on grouped data is correct but as soon as I add it to dashboard and then view it inside dashboard , counting is not right..

0 8 268
8 REPLIES 8

Please provide examples showing correct versus incorrect so we can more accurately assess where this issue is ocurring.

Correct is like this :- PLEASE SEE Captions of photos added.

Here if I click on ELECTRICAL , it should show me the data with in that categoryHere if I click on ELECTRICAL , it should show me the data with in that categoryIt shows correctly here as expected when the view is not inside dashboardIt shows correctly here as expected when the view is not inside dashboardBut when I use these views inside dashboard they behave in different manner, While clicking on the category ELECTRICAL it shows me all the data rather than showing the data falling in that category.

Incorrect is below(same view in dashboard):-

Same view hosted inside dashboardSame view hosted inside dashboardHere the data shown is not correct as it is showing all the data rather than showing data for only ELECTRICAL category, as I clicked on ELECTRICAL.Here the data shown is not correct as it is showing all the data rather than showing data for only ELECTRICAL category, as I clicked on ELECTRICAL.

This problem also need your attention @Suvrutt_Gurjar ..Please help.

hi @Apso2992 ,

May I know any specific reason you have  tagged me?  

I tested in a similar setting as yours and I did not come across any issue as you mentioned.

The "All Orders" view in isolation ( without being in the dashboard):

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1699075007452.png

Drilldown of All orders view ( below)

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1699075189871.png

The "All Orders " view as part of the dashboard:

Suvrutt_Gurjar_2-1699075450667.png

Drilldown view of "All Orders" in dashboard:

Suvrutt_Gurjar_3-1699075577296.png

Thank you @Suvrutt_Gurjar 

No specific reason for tagging you, just that me being Gurjar as well. And saw that you are very helpful and a problem solver.

I can understand that in your case it's showing fine, but it's not working for me. May be because I am having three layers of grouping.

From what I can recall It worked for me earlier.

Also I can't understand that for dashboard views , how appsheet selects the table ...which is shown at bottom right.

@Apso2992 wrote:

Thank you @Suvrutt_Gurjar 

You are welcome.

@Apso2992 wrote:

No specific reason for tagging you,

Got it. Thank you. My main reason behind asking was whether you have in mind any of older posts on dashboards that I have participated. Any reference would have been useful for further discussion.

In general, please feel free to keep your question addressed to all. This community is truly global and members based on their geography log in to respond. So you will have best chance of getting the best possible answer ( because many members will see it) and in a faster manner ( as someone may be logged to respond to).

@Apso2992 wrote:

, just that me being Gurjar as well.

Oh,  that is great to know. 👍🙂

@Apso2992 wrote:

May be because I am having three layers of grouping.

I tested with three levels of groupings and it still works for me. 

One difference I note in your shared screenshots is in the name of the views. In the isolated view ( not par of dashboard) the screenshot shows view name as "MPV SMS SH29 STATUS" and in the dashboard example the view seems to be "MPV SMS SH30 STATUS"

It may not be a major point but you may want to crosscheck. I do not have any specific more suggestions at this stage. Maybe someone else could guide you or you may want to approach the support team so that they can take a quick look at your app.

@Apso2992 wrote:

Also I can't understand that for dashboard views , how appsheet selects the table ...which is shown at bottom right.

Your this observation is correct. Since dashboard is collection of views from different tables, it should ideally show the view and table when a particular view within dashboard is selected. But it seems to be showing one specific random table name.

For individual views though, the view and table ( or slice name) properly show.

Top Labels in this Space