Dashboard visibility with a dropdown - filter capability

Hi all, 

im tyring to build a dashboard with capability for a user to select some conditions (example: dropdown with number of days) and the panel with in the dashboard (in desktop or similar larger browser based screens) gets results based on the drop down selection? (since i used to work on splunk dashboards, i m corelating if something of that sort/similar is in appsheet) . where basically a template is built for dashboard and the panels gets input from the filter to dispaly corresponding results based on user selection.

for my use case i have a school project where we see the attendance of the student , i want to filter only to the students who are consistently absent for 4days , 6 days and 10 days?

want to build a dashboard to see the filtered dashboard.

sandeepraon_0-1684676768298.png

Solved Solved
0 2 191
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Please take a look at the sample app Slice based on user input - AppSheet listed in the article Get started by using the feature samples - AppSheet Help

The sample app's approach will store the settings of a single user. For multi user operations, you would typically need a Users' table with one record for each user with her/his email ID and other columns that store their choices for the filter.  Then based on USEREMAIL() function, the the app can store each user's choices and use those in slice filter expressions on the table that needs slicing as per user selected filter criteria.

View solution in original post

Hier mal ein 10 Minuten langes Video, so wie ich die Erstellung eines Filter-Dashboard schnell erlernte:

Erstellung eines multiplen Filter-Dashboard   

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Please take a look at the sample app Slice based on user input - AppSheet listed in the article Get started by using the feature samples - AppSheet Help

The sample app's approach will store the settings of a single user. For multi user operations, you would typically need a Users' table with one record for each user with her/his email ID and other columns that store their choices for the filter.  Then based on USEREMAIL() function, the the app can store each user's choices and use those in slice filter expressions on the table that needs slicing as per user selected filter criteria.

Hier mal ein 10 Minuten langes Video, so wie ich die Erstellung eines Filter-Dashboard schnell erlernte:

Erstellung eines multiplen Filter-Dashboard   

Top Labels in this Space