Data view Help

I have tables that are refercing to each other. Whe i fill out a form, that data in my google sheet shows id numbers instead of real values or text. This only happens to โ€œrefโ€ fields only.

Can one help?

0 8 222
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I tried but, Im still getting the same results. As i have stated, all the fields are display well, but only the โ€œRefโ€ fields are displaying id numbers in the data sheet. I using google sheet as my data source. I would like the โ€œRefโ€ field to display the text selected from the enum value. Note, that my โ€œrefโ€ field is an enum list.

Hi @zacc_oraro

What @Steve was indicating, is about ticking the โ€œlabelโ€ option in your table.
This way, in enumList or anything that will refer to your table, the field ticked as โ€œLabelโ€ will be shown instead of ref id.
3X_c_4_c4a9119bf258b780b15213ab51c7d33c1907ac47.png

Checked the box under โ€œLabelโ€ but no luck yet. There might something Im not doing right?

This are the enum list on the other Table that is Ref to.

Sorry I Tried what you suggested, added new collumn in the sheet but still could not get it to work. Im sure there might be a app formula or something.

3X_9_a_9a1f209560a7b6a2dd2611aae7dcc591974b9d8a.png

Im trying over and over again and its not even working. Anyone help please?

I want to see values in the data source (google sheet) not Reference IDs. The fields I want to see is are Reference Fields.

Itโ€™s clear you donโ€™t understand references, so you should either spend some time learning how they work, or donโ€™t use them.

What values do you want to see in your data source, if not reference IDs?

See also:

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

@zacc_oraro

I just understood.
In your sheets, that NORMAL to have the ref_ID.
The user is not supposed to see that.

If you want to see it in your database, then add a new column in your spreadsheet, and set app formula expression:
[Section].[Name]
This column will be for your personal information only, not for usage in the app.

Top Labels in this Space