Date field sorting reverse order on Android

Hello all…

I have some strange behaviour on an Android phone.

My App has a Deck View with a submission date; the “Sort By” for the view is Submission Date - Descending. Submission Date is DateTime type and includes the time. I THEN have a virtual column which is the submission date with the time omitted (I call it ShortDate). The Group By criteria are ShortDate / Descending. The reason is that I want to group all of of the submission for a particular day. Within that group the records sort properly from latest to first for that date (i.e. by time).

Works fine during development and in browser. However in an Android (Samsung Galaxy S21 5G) the records are displaying in reverse sort order within the date group.

I deleted the app from the phone, rebooted the phone, installed it again and the problem is still there. It is quite annoying.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

RoryF

0 2 132
2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Is ShortDate of type Date? If not, try setting it that way.

Thanks for the reply Steve…

Yes - ShortDate is a DATE type, but I am using this for grouping, not sorting…

It’s a strange one. This morning was still behaving this way; I asked a friend with an IPhone to check how it was displaying and it was in the correct order (so it looks like its just the Android).

I then changed the sort order to another field - Submission ID - which is a 19-digit number stored as a TEXT data type (as there is a bug with AppSheet storing very large numbers as NUMBER type). This should behave as the Submission Date as the numbers are issued in sequential order. However this still failed to have my Android sort them properly.

Then later in the day I was experimenting with BOTs - I added a BOT, then deleted it as I didn’t need it. Later when I checked the App on my phone the issue seems to be resolved…

Not sure what the issue is/was, but I am happy to put it behind me and move on…

Regards,

RoryF

Top Labels in this Space