Reset the value of a cell when modifying the choice of a column YES/NO

Hello! I am trying to solve the following problem:

I have a YES/NO field and that field causes other fields to be displayed based on what I select there. What I need is that if I select any of them, for example YES, and editable fields are displayed to which I add values, these values ​​are cleared if I decide to choose “NO”. Because I have noticed that if I select “NO” and then touch YES again, the value is still there, it has not been cleared. It happens that these values ​​are sometimes present and not shown, the problem is that these values ​​are sometimes used for calculations.

I guess it would be something like a reset value but referred to the YES/NO column

Does anyone know how this is done?

0 7 123
7 REPLIES 7

I believe your expressions need to check for the YES/NO value using IF() in order to determine what calculations to make and how.

Dos opciones.

1. Reset on edit. Esto está en la configuración de cada columna
  2. Agregar una expression IF() para que los valores sean considerados solo cuando la columna YN está en Y

Oscar, quisiera usar “Reestablecer al editar” pero ocurre que el valor que quiero reestablecer depende de otra celda. Creo que usaré la segunda opción. Intento y te cuento! Saludos. Muchas gracias.

Oscar, I’m trying to solve the problem but I can’t.

I have a YES/NO column.

If you select YES, a number of editable fields are enabled and i can edit.
If I select NO, these editable fields are not reset but are left with the previously loaded values.

What I need is that when I choose one or the other option, the values ​​are reset to the initial value automatically.

What I’ve tried to do is tell it to reset on edit:
Reset on edit:

OR(
[Column]=AND,
[Column]<>AND
)

Getting absolutely nothing. The values ​​are still there.

Have you any idea?
Thanks!!!

You want a column to reset, if the value of your YES/NO column changes, is that correct?

Try this as reset_if:

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[yes/no column] <> [yes/no column]

Hola Marc, intenté lo que dices. Quizás lo estaba haciendo mal. La solución que adopté es crear 4 columnas virtuales y seleccionar el valor que corresponde en función del valor SI independientemente de que si se reestablece o no!

Agradezco tu respuesta

We can’t know what you may have done wrong if you don’t show us what you did.

I don’t understand exactly what you did here, but adding virtual columns seems very unnecessary and a bad idea.

It would also help if you could confirm or deny my guess at your intention here.

Top Labels in this Space