Date format incorrect when used in formula

View A: date column [started] displays correctly (24/12/2020). View B: date combined with text in an expression [started] & " ("&[displayDaysWaiting]&")" - the date format is ignored (12/24/2020 (1001 days waiting)).

I have checked column format / setting in the source data as well as in localisation in the source date, the App, the browser etc and all are aligned.

What's happening and how can I adjust my expression to make use of the [started] column without having to manually structure the output?

Solved Solved
0 3 78
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When using it inside of the string, it uses US format. That's why you need to use TEXT() with it so you can specify your own format.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Use TEXT([started],"dd/mm/yyyy")&"("&[displayDaysWaiting]&")"

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10107701?hl=en&sjid=18133137236175390414-EU

Thanks, I had that as a solution but am interested to understand WHY that's needed.  Do you know?

If [started] is displayed correctly in one attribute, why isn't it displayed correctly when combined other text?  As I type this... I'm realising it might be because the Type of the combined attribute is TEXT not DATE, so the localisation can't be applied!

When using it inside of the string, it uses US format. That's why you need to use TEXT() with it so you can specify your own format.

Top Labels in this Space