Date grouping - invalid date - due to formula in spreadsheet

I am trying to group by date (in the MM/YYYY format). However, the grouping shows invalid date.
3X_4_f_4f2618d4afe7edd98f8b47bd0b01217a2d4a2e20.png

II think that the reason for the error is because the Excel sheet uses a formula to pull the date. Below is the Excel formula - Note - this is an array formula.
{=TEXT(MIN(IF(โ€˜System Componentsโ€™!$A$2:$A$2000=โ€˜Client Dataโ€™!A2,IF(โ€˜System Componentsโ€™!$D$2:$D$2000<>0,โ€˜System Componentsโ€™!$D$2:$D$2000))),โ€œmm/yyyyโ€)}

If I copy the cells in the Excel and paste them as โ€˜valuesโ€™, then the grouping works as it should. But when the cells contain the formula, then the grouping does not work.

In Appsheet, for the date column in question, the โ€˜spreadsheet formulaโ€™ that Appsheet has generated for me is: =ArrayFormula(MIN(IF(โ€˜System Componentsโ€™!R2C1:R2000C1=โ€˜Client Dataโ€™!RC[-8],IF(โ€˜System Componentsโ€™!R2C4:R2000C4<>0,โ€˜System Componentsโ€™!R2C4:R2000C4))))

Can someone please help me solve this - Iโ€™d like to keep the formula in the excel cells and enable grouping on this column by date (Ascending).

I have tried to create an additional column and reference the column with the array formula, but this still shows invalid date.

0 3 416
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

MM/YYYY is not a valid Date value format in AppSheet.

Thanks Steve,

I am wanting to display Month & Year - are there any valid date formats for this that can be grouped?

Even if I remove the โ€˜TEXTโ€™ conversion, and leave the value as the standard Excel date format, it still does not workโ€ฆ

Perhaps a solution is to do the โ€œMIN IFโ€ formula in Appsheet rather than in Excel?

Not when used with a column of type Date. Youโ€™ll either need to make the column type Text, or use a full Date.

Top Labels in this Space