DateTime field with App Formula change every time when edit form

Hi guys,

I have a form with some fields and a field โ€œDateTime_Closedโ€ with app formula โ€œnow()โ€ so users canโ€™t edit that field, I save the form, all good.

But If I open the form to make any edit to the same record, the field โ€œDateTime_Closedโ€ takes the current date-time, changing every time I edit the form.

Not sure if that is the way the app formula should work but meanwhile I โ€œfixedโ€ putting this in the App Formula:

โ€œIF( ISBLANK([DateTime_Closed]), NOW(), [DateTime_Closed] )โ€

Solved Solved
1 2 1,022
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, that is the expected behavior of the App Formula and your expression is one way to resolve it.

But, if you are setting the [DateTime_Closed] column when you create the record, instead you could set the column to โ€œnot editableโ€ and set the โ€œInitial Valueโ€ property to NOW().

Initial Value is set in the form ONLY when the row is new. Normally a user could then change the column but when setting it to โ€œnot editableโ€ a user would never be able to change it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yes, that is the expected behavior of the App Formula and your expression is one way to resolve it.

But, if you are setting the [DateTime_Closed] column when you create the record, instead you could set the column to โ€œnot editableโ€ and set the โ€œInitial Valueโ€ property to NOW().

Initial Value is set in the form ONLY when the row is new. Normally a user could then change the column but when setting it to โ€œnot editableโ€ a user would never be able to change it.

Top Labels in this Space