Db table image

Good morning, sir,
An information, to make the application lighter is it advisable to create a database with images where each application of colleague, or for each application create a table in the sheet that is used for the application?

0 6 319
  • UX
6 REPLIES 6

Could you provide a little more about your question, I’m not sure what the question is.

I have a Google sheet that I use from databases for images and other things.
I was asking if it was better to link the applications I developed to the database example for image input or individual applications are faster by inserting tables in their sheet to collect data

To AppSheet, a Gsheet is a Gsheet is a Gsheet.

I can have 5,000 apps connected to a single Gsheet and each of those apps would think/behave as if it was only connected to it. (Provided the data wasn’t changing, THAT would give it way. )

So if you’ve got a single sheet that contains images, and those images are going to be used over several apps - use the same table, just add it to your various apps.

But if the images, or any data for that matter (any record), is app specific then it’s best to use an individual table for that.

For instance, I may have a Backgrounds table where I upload various background images that I want to use throughout my app; I can connect multiple apps to this Backgrounds table and pull the same images into each and every app. But I wouldn’t connect my Orders table (from my Company time tracking app) because this data is specific to that app.

Thank you. Dear as always

Excuse me.
You gave me a tip to use select to load images from a table that refer to a value in the Op column.
I tried to connect to a different sheet that I use for the application and that I use from Db. But I can’t see the images.
I have a grey triangle.

The images need to be stored in a folder that the app has access too. (In my example of multiple apps connected to one table with media, I didn’t mention that they’re all running off the same database/Gsheet so everything was “in house” so to speak.)

The grey triangle is telling you:

There’s media here, but we don’t have it - meaning it’s not in the folder where the app is expecting to find the images.

2X_f_fcdb6f69dd4f073b24f1ef350fc4895f6d75b848.png

Top Labels in this Space