Db table image

Good morning, sir,
An information, to make the application lighter is it advisable to create a database with images where each application of colleague, or for each application create a table in the sheet that is used for the application?

0 6 317
  • UX
6 REPLIES 6

Could you provide a little more about your question, Iโ€™m not sure what the question is.

I have a Google sheet that I use from databases for images and other things.
I was asking if it was better to link the applications I developed to the database example for image input or individual applications are faster by inserting tables in their sheet to collect data

To AppSheet, a Gsheet is a Gsheet is a Gsheet.

I can have 5,000 apps connected to a single Gsheet and each of those apps would think/behave as if it was only connected to it. (Provided the data wasnโ€™t changing, THAT would give it way. )

So if youโ€™ve got a single sheet that contains images, and those images are going to be used over several apps - use the same table, just add it to your various apps.

But if the images, or any data for that matter (any record), is app specific then itโ€™s best to use an individual table for that.

For instance, I may have a Backgrounds table where I upload various background images that I want to use throughout my app; I can connect multiple apps to this Backgrounds table and pull the same images into each and every app. But I wouldnโ€™t connect my Orders table (from my Company time tracking app) because this data is specific to that app.

Thank you. Dear as always

Excuse me.
You gave me a tip to use select to load images from a table that refer to a value in the Op column.
I tried to connect to a different sheet that I use for the application and that I use from Db. But I canโ€™t see the images.
I have a grey triangle.

The images need to be stored in a folder that the app has access too. (In my example of multiple apps connected to one table with media, I didnโ€™t mention that theyโ€™re all running off the same database/Gsheet so everything was โ€œin houseโ€ so to speak.)

The grey triangle is telling you:

Thereโ€™s media here, but we donโ€™t have it - meaning itโ€™s not in the folder where the app is expecting to find the images.

2X_f_fcdb6f69dd4f073b24f1ef350fc4895f6d75b848.png

Top Labels in this Space