Decentralization in data

Hi Everyone,

I have a database on Google Sheet. In this database there are 2 sheets

• Sheet 1 is the โ€œUserโ€ table.

• Sheet 1 is the โ€œRequestโ€ table

In the โ€œUserโ€ table there are fields such as: ID_User, Name User and ID_Role
I take the data example for this table as follows:
โ€œID_Userโ€ = 6h1f3k681, โ€œName Userโ€ = ABC, โ€œID_Roleโ€ = Teamlead
โ€œID_Userโ€ = 7y15ha510, โ€œName Userโ€ = BCD, โ€œID_Roleโ€ = Staff

In the โ€œRequestโ€ table there are fields such as: ID_Request, Request Name, Status

In my application I am setting the data type for column โ€œStatusโ€ to โ€œEnumโ€.

And the values โ€‹โ€‹of the Status column are set to: New, Opened, Assigned, Rejected, In Process, Resolved

I am creating 2 views (UX) for users:

• How can users with โ€œID_Roleโ€ as โ€œStaffโ€ be able to only select โ€œNew and Openedโ€ values โ€‹โ€‹in the โ€œStatusโ€ column?
  • Users with โ€œID_Roleโ€ as โ€œTeamleadโ€ can select all remaining values โ€‹โ€‹of the column โ€œStatusโ€

Hope you help
Thanks so much

0 6 261
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Hi Steve,

I appreciate your help
However, it still doesnโ€™t seem right to my needs. I need to give the user permission to select values โ€‹โ€‹in column โ€œStatusโ€

• Users with โ€œID_Roleโ€ as โ€œStaffโ€ be able to only select โ€œNew and Openedโ€ values โ€‹โ€‹in the โ€œStatusโ€ column
  • Users with โ€œID_Roleโ€ as โ€œTeamleadโ€ can select all remaining values โ€‹โ€‹of the column โ€œStatusโ€

It is important to be able to decentralize according to the user level in the organization
Do you have any better suggestions?

Hope you help
Thanks so much

I suggest making status a ref type to a table with those values. Add another column indicating which role should see each status. I do this in multiple places in my app. I use 0 if it should be seen by all and the then a number representing the different types of roles. The role is a field on the users table so I user USEREMAIL() to pull out the value and filter lists.

If you need screenshots, etc, I can post them tomorrow.

Hi Lucinda_Mason

Thanks for your enthusiastic help
Maybe I need you to take a screenshot, can you help me? Let me have a better view

Once again, thank you very much

Each user has only ONE PI_NO (like a role). I use that PI_NO to determine what they can do and see in the app. For example. I have a value called Scope_NO. It is assigned to every Request. Only certain users are allowed to assign certain Scopes to a request. I think this is similar enough to your Status.

I use the following as a row filter based on the logged in Userโ€™s PI_NO. In this case, I compare it to the SHOW_PI_NO column in the scope table. Note that I use a 0 to represent those Scopes can be seen by every user. I do that consistently across the app.

The Scope_Table_Slice is used in the Requests table to REF for the Scope_NO column. It is Read Only. It doesnโ€™t do any filtering.

This is how the Scope_NO column looks in the Requests table.

I hope this helps. Itโ€™s been a life saver for how I present data to certain classes of users.

Hi Lucinda_Mason

Thanks for your enthusiastic help
I will refer to how you do it

Once again, thank you very much
Huy

Top Labels in this Space